Monday, July 22, 2013

Tigers Experience at Nashta Panni - Sultanpur


Tigers Experience of Nashta Paani- MG Road



 Been travelling on the MG road to Gurgaon and back for years and have always had the urge the craving the need for a cuppa chai or coffee but belive me there was none on the way  sadly .  Always wondered by Barista  or CCd didn open a shop on MG road which has such high traffic – besides a kathi roll place there was actually no place for a Chai Break .

Couple of days ago a funny thing caught my eye – a buss or a truck on a wall – hahahahha , I actually stopped and wondered if someone was opening a playschool or something hahahahahaah very nice made with an actual tyre , windows, Driver wala door  etc etc . I said wow some sweet shop is coming up like a typical agarwal sweet , then I thot maybe the man who owns the farm got inventive and is opening a puncture shop , I just kept getting curious .
In fact the client I was visiting wanted to get inot  food truck invasion concept , and I told him bhai sahib lets open some snack shop on both sides of MG road . The man said ahh  nahi chalega nahi etc etc – idea shelved

Then on another day  while driving down to gurgaon for a client meeting who wanted to open a restaurant I saw a sign called “nashta paani” –  and that made me curious and I said must stop by . Which I did but there was nothing happening there . (BTW I recommended Chai Paani to my client)

Last evening while we were coming back from a meeting we decided to definitely stop by “Nastha Paani “   we did . Very take away type of a menu – Alooo Puri , Poha , Sandwiches , rolls , salad But no tea Coffer I went Eh!!! Whats going on . Anyway made a bit of a noise – saw this young lady inside and asked her for tea – she stepped out of the truck and said we don’t serve tea coffee as yet but for you we shal make it – I jumped of rthe offer – now that she was being kind I said might as well order something – so amongst the three of us we ordered – Chicken Cheese roll (spring rolls with thai sauce ) we had something totally diff in mind – a bit disappointed , a chicken n cheese sandwich – which was yum  served with potatoe wedges and cole slaw salad (which cud be easily avoided ) and and and – I saw an omelet listed on the menu – inventive bulb cam alive child hood memories cam back and I asked the lady if she can do us a omelet sandwich wut kachhi bread butter and ketchup , She said Sure – Wowo weeee  - in the head the questions started soming – dog u have just had lunch , idiot what wuill wife say on reading this – supposed to be on a diet – haahahaha but tiger is tiger guts hain bhai – we ordred . I tell you it was the most amazing omelet sandwich I have had in years – the egg cooked perfect not rubbery with onions and chilies - perfect , the bread edges trimmed fresh , lil bit of butter and ketchup -   overall maza aa gaya .

So while the chai was being made – got chatting with the owners – she was from IHM Bangalore , her other partners were also professionals from different fields . It was nice to see new blood getting into food business as a perfect team , we need this definitely and specially on MG road  – The concept as per them is to order while u r closing in on the place (Located next to sultanpur metro station on the left if coming from gurgaon to delhi ) and they will keep you packet ready = the menu has Rice with Rajma ,Kadi , chole ,  Wraps of all kinds , Poutine – this was surprising to find ,and other hot finger snacks like chicken lollys , fish fingers, Poha  etc etc hahahah I found a spelling mistake also for which I troubled them like school children .  


Overall – Much Needed on MG Road , have told them to let me open on the other side also – food quality is good  – slightly expensive, increase portions and  am  concerned about the hygiene factor  and yes also about my CHAI Coffeee. The Chai Arrived . Good place to visit – please must try . They are open 7 am to 8 pm .All Seven Days. 










No comments:

Post a Comment